Events‎ > ‎Noteworthy!‎ > ‎

UPDATE filing an extension, Medicaid accounting of billed services, and what type of PASA do I need

posted Jun 28, 2012, 11:12 AM by Dicia Kemp
Filing an extension?

We propose as rule of thumb: if you are in doubt about what should or will happen next in respect to service changes for you or a family member, then apply for an extension. To assist families and individuals with applying for extension we provide this suggested language. Families and Individuals may request an extension via their resource coordinators. ICs may also request an extension via the DP hotline.

DP staff have committed to working toward assuring that everyone who needs more time, up to the September 1 date, be provided more time. However, you must ask for an extension.

Medicaid accounting of billed services?
As families and individuals work to determine what are their next steps, many have asked exactly how much money has been billed for services. In addition to asking DP for the quarterly reports as identified in the suggested extension letter, a request to Medicaid directly can be made using this HIPPA form. Once properly filed and sent to the State of Colorado an accounting of Medicaid billed services will be provided.

How do I know what type of PASA I need?

DP has provided a list of approved providers. Although due to changes in state regulations, if you or family member are provided any of the following services then his/her service provider will also be required to have a Home Health License. As we understand it, DDD requests that this process be started with the Health Department prior to submitting for PASA approval.

Services that require you to have a Home Health License:

  • Bathing
  • Dressing
  • Eating
  • Transferring
  • Walking or mobility
  • Toileting and continence care
  • Personal laundry
  • Medication assistance
  • Companionship Services
  • Housekeeping - agencies that provide Housekeeping services only are not required to become a Home Care Agency.

Contact Michelle Topkoff 303.866.7440 or

for any additional questions you may have.